Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Blame it on the Bossa Nova...
I went to a free concert last night, sponsored by the Brazilian embassy. The concert was put on at the National Theater (a surprisingly nice, fancy place) and featured 2 Brazilian cellists (twins) and a percussionist. Although it was billed (to us anyway) as Bossa Nova, I think only 1or 2 songs actually fell under that genre. It was, shall we say, an interesting experience. I'm very glad it was free...but I'm also glad I went. I realized all over again last night just how much I enjoy seeing live performances - particularly musicians (but singers as well). It honestly makes my heart sing to see how passionate people become when they become engulfed in their music. - Their facial expressions, toe taps, total body sways, playful tête-à-têtes with other musicians....I just love it. So, even if the music itself was maybe a B-, I count the night as a success. (and getting dressed up to go do something cultural is always fun, right?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment